Appalachian Connection seeks to enable students to achieve their educational goals and inspire them to give back to their communities. We do this by providing financial assistance to a qualified student helping him/her pursue a college/university degree.
The scholarship recipient will be selected by the Appalachian Connection board of directors based on the following criteria (in no particular order):
- GPA and class rank
- High school coursework
- Extracurricular activities/ community service/ work experience
- Career aspirations
All application materials should be submitted on the form directly below. All applicants must complete their submissions by midnight on March 31, 2019. Upon pressing the “Submit” button below, your application will be immediately transmitted to Appalachian Connection. Please do this only once. If you would like to revise your application after submission (but before the March 31, 2019 deadline), contact us directly. The application consists of 4 parts:
- Completed application form (to be filled out below).
- Most recent high school transcript in PDF format (uploaded below).
- Typed essay in PDF format (uploaded below). It should be no more than 3 pages (double spaced) and address the following:
- Who has been most influential in your life? Why?
- What are your career aspirations? Why?
- How would you apply the opportunity provided by this scholarship to further advance and/or enhance the future of the Appalachian region?
- Three (3) letters of recommendation in PDF format (uploaded below). Letters should be from people who are not related to you. At least two (2) letters should be from teachers of core subjects such as English, math, science, social studies, etc.
Please be sure you are ready to submit all 4 parts, including the required documents in PDF format, before beginning the application process.
Any questions related to completing the application can be answered by contacting us.
Recipient will be notified of the committee’s decision on or around April 20th, 2019.